Privacy statement Plan Kiskeya foundation
Mission of the organisation
Reuniting family members from Haiti through DNA kinship research. Reunification is understood to mean: establishing biological family relationships and bringing relatives into contact with each other.
We realize that you share a lot of personal information on our website. This is what it takes in order to reunite people. We will handle your data in a careful and responsible manner.
In this privacy statement you can read how Plan Kiskeya handles your personal data.The statement is made up of various chapters
- What are personal data?
- For what purpose do we process your personal data?
- How do we handle your personal data?
- When will your data be shared?
Personal data is information that is directly about a person or information that can be traced back to this person. Examples of personal data are a home address, telephone number and email address.
Special personal data
Some personal data are extra sensitive, because their processing may have a great impact on someone's life. Data referring to a person's race, religion or health are examples of special personal data. This data is extra protected by law. Personal data of children and criminal data are always sensitive and therefore always receive extra protection.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
- For the reunification of family members.
- For passing on the request for a DNA test
How do we handle your data?
- We only process your personal data if we have your permission
- We will process as little data as possible from you.
- We will not keep your data longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which you provided the personal data.
- After creating an account, the data are stored for 1 year. Annually, you are actively asked by email whether the data should be stored or deleted. The data will be saved if there is no response.
- If you have found family members, we will delete your data at your request.
We protect your personal data in the following way:
- We protect your personal data with technical and organizational security measures to minimize the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, provision and changes. Our safeguards include firewalls, data encryption and authorization management for information access.
- We will only share your personal data at your request.
- View, correct, delete, process less data.
- You can change your data yourself by changing your profile.
- You can have your account deleted by sending us an email. Your account will be deleted within 4 weeks.
- We do not have any more data about you than you indicated on your profile.
- If you want less data in your profile, you can adjust that yourself